Wednesday 11 April 2018

Wellbeing Wednesdays #5 - Walks

Image result for well being wednesdays
(Image from 100 days of Sunshine)

    

This week's well-being Wednesdays is all about taking it outdoors and going for walks.  Walking is an easier idea to suggest now given that we have FINALLY started to get some nicer weather (although it has literally rained non-stop today!).  Living in England, it's important to get out when you can and make the most of the weather.  Ideally I would go for at least a short walk once a week to get some fresh air but, unfortunately, this doesn't always happen and I definitely notice a difference when I go for a walk after a longer period of being indoors.



Being outside can really help stimulate your mood.  Fresh air has proven to help with stress and anxiety and it's thought that oxygen helps with your serotonin (a hormone which helps us feel happy) levels.  If you would like me to talk more about serotonin then let me know and I'd be happy to do so!


When possible I like to find somewhere green and leafy or near water to take a nice, long stroll.  Not only does the fresh air help my mood but it gives me a little time to gather my thoughts, reflect on things or even switch off from some realities.



I also find walking a great opportunity to do something free and easy with others.  It's good for a little catch-up and sometimes it can be just what the other person needs to.  I find it's an extra bonus if you walk to a coffee or ice-cream shop too!

Comment below some of the places you like to walk to, these are just some of the ones I've had recently.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured

Wellbeing Wednesdays #5 - Walks

(Image from 100 days of Sunshine)       This week's well-being Wednesdays is all about taking it outdoors and going for walks.  ...

Popular Posts