Wednesday 21 March 2018

Wellbeing Wednesdays #2 - Scents

(Image from 100 days of Sunshine)

 Welcome back to Well-being Wednesdays!  Last week's post was a little controversial with the idea of doing some house work to keep the house clean and tidy!  Today we are sticking with the same topic of environment and another thing which helps to create good Feng Shui in your home.  This one is a little less controversial but it might involve spending a little bit of money.

To help create a nice environment I like to try and make it as calming and relaxing as possible and a part of this is having nice scents throughout my home.  I find it welcoming to have different scents around my home and I love it when others comment on how nice my smell homes too!  It also helps to get rid of unpleasant or lingering food smells.  I always make sure I have strong scents in the bathrooms and candles to light in the kitchen.  

Having pleasant scents around the home really helps to make it feel more homely and an inviting place to relax in.  How you achieve this is up to you but I like to do this through a range of candles and oil diffusers throughout my room.  Although, recently I have been leaning towards the idea of plug in and spray diffusers alot more.  I find candles don't always create a strong scent and diffusers can be messy if there's young children or pets around the house.  They're not something that you want to spill!

If my anxiety is particularly heightened I further add to this by using pillow sprays and/or roll ons.  I currently have one of each, one for evening and one for throughout the day.  Through the day I like to use This Works Deep Sleep Stress Less which has now changed to Stress Check Breathe In and for the evening I've started using the Loccitane Relaxing Pillow MistThey're probably not to everyone's taste but I find them very calming scents and using them helps remind me to just take a couple of seconds or minutes to breathe, calm down and focus.  I don't use them everyday but I also don't just use them when I'm feeling stressed or anxious.  This is for two reasons.  The first is because I don't want to start associating those smells with negative feelings and the second is that I like to try and take time out even when I'm in a good frame of mind.  It's always good to try and keep your frame of mind there!

Do you enjoy having scents around your home?  What do you for your well-being?  Let me know if this is something you try adding more of in your home and how you find it impacts your everyday mood.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured

Wellbeing Wednesdays #5 - Walks

(Image from 100 days of Sunshine)       This week's well-being Wednesdays is all about taking it outdoors and going for walks.  ...

Popular Posts